Being more organised is so important in helping us reach and achieve our goals. It allows us to be more productive and efficient!
Whether that's down to time management, preparing your meals, or just being fully functioning and well rested for a busy day ahead chasing those goals!
Sleep is so important for general functioning, so adding a fitness goal to that makes it even more important, for rest, recovery, and performance.
So by considering all of these factors, waking up on time will really help you achieve all of the above.
Waking up 1 hour earlier will help you schedule more time for that workout you keep missing due to running out of time, or preparing those meals for the following day.
Heres a few ways you can become more of a morning person and how it can benefit your whole day..
1) Stop pressing snooze - making your first decision of the day a positive one! Having the discipline to wake up at the time you promised yourself..
2) Get your bag/clothes prepared the night before, your meals prepared etc, even laying out your breakfast for the morning.. saving you more time in the morning. By having a more organised mornings will increase your mood in the mornings, rather than 'dreading everything you have to do', being on the last minute and feeling unprepared from the start of the day.
3) Ensuring you go to bed with a tidy house, especially the dishes being washed - I find this so important! Who wants to come downstairs to dirty dishes and mess..then leaving the house and returning to that? It makes your whole day feel messy. The same applies for making your bed..
4) Get to bed an hour earlier, switch your phone off, switch off from social media, start relaxing 1-2 hours before you intend on going to sleep..do what makes you feel relaxed. My favourite relaxing thing to do is a peppermint tea, comfy pjs & a few pages of a book.
5) Write a to do list before you go to sleep so you're organised for the following day and have a structure you can stick to.
6) When you wake up, don't check social media, seeing other peoples feeds has no relevance to your day or productivity, in some cases it can make you feel demotivated..who wants to wake up that way?
7) If you have time, watch or listen to something positive. I really like Gary Vee's videos, I find they set me up in a great mood for the day!